- Peter Jackson, 2 December 1889. Born in 1860 in St Croix, then the Danish West Indies, Jackson was a boxing champion who spent long periods of time touring Europe. In England, he staged the famous fight against Jem Smith at the Pelican Club in 1889. In 1888 he claimed the title of Australian heavyweight champion. (Photograph: Hulton Archive).
- Johanna Jonkers of the African Choir, 1891. (Photograph: Hulton Archive).
- Albert Jonas and John Xiniwe of the African Choir, 1891. (Photograph: Hulton Archive).
- Sara Forbes Bonetta. She was orphaned in inter-tribal warfare in West Africa, captured by slave-raiders, and presented as a ‘gift’ to Queen Victoria at age 5. (Photograph: Courtesy of Paul Frecke).
- A member of the African Choir, who all had portraits taken at the London Stereoscopic Company in 1891. (Photograph: Hulton Archive).
- Member of the African Choir, 1891. (Photograph: Hulton Archive).
im a bad person who thinks bad thoughts like ‘ew what is that girl wearing’ and then remember that im supposed to be positive about all things and then think ‘no she can wear what she wants, fuck what other people say damn girl u look fabulous’ and im just a teeny bit hypocritical tbh
I was always taught by my mother, That the first thought that goes through your mind is what you have been conditioned to think. What you think next defines who you are.
I am SOO fucking proud of SWEN. Thank you to the unsung heroes of today; those who spent their time making SQ sweater edits & those who began the twitter outpour. Without yall RED Valentino would have not noticed us.
Many voiced the AfterEllen poll would be “worthless”, but…
new favorite gif
Emma: Not everyone gets to see their parents fall in love, Henry. But.. you’re one.
Regina dips her head and laughs.
This. Jesus, exactly this.
THIS IS PERFECTION
I’m so happy when I see this on my dash
holy shit there is a name for it
Well damn. Explains a lot.
Suddenly I understand some of my fan base a LOT better. That is Awesome.
"holy shit there is a name for it" was my reaction before I even scrolled down to the comments.
I just need to keep reblogging this because I cannot even begin to tell you how profound a feeling of YES and THIS and THERE IS A WORD FOR ME OMG I get every time I see this, and I hope it helps others too.
seriously, anytime you see a post with a comment saying “theres a name for it?!” reblog that post because even if it doesnt apply to you any of your followers could be waiting for that revelation.
That would be me
That describes me SO much.
15 Reasons Why Monica Geller Is An Unappreciated Character
1: Fed all of her friends almost every day for ten years without complaining.
2: Excelled in a traditionally masculine career, (yes, cookery as a profession is generally male-dominated) and in traditionally masculine hobbies (football), without compromising her femininity or sexuality.
3: At the same time, revelled in traditionally female interests such as babies, marriage and housework without apologizing for them, or suggesting they made her inferior or weak.
4: Overcame teenage obesity.
5: Grew up in an emotionally abusive home, with a mother who subjected her to relentless criticism and verbal mistreatment….But still emerged with a sense of her own self-worth, determination to fulfil her dreams and huge capacity to care for others.
6: Stayed friends with her brother who bullied her as a child, and contributed to said-emotionally abusive home. Didn’t blame him for her mistreatment or show resentment towards him.
7: Took former best friend – who abandoned and rejected her for a ‘high society’ life – into her home without question.
8: Prior to this, accepted a woman who had previously lived on the streets, as her roommate and welcomed her into her group of friends.
9: Went through unemployment and shitty jobs, but refused to take unfair advantages she hadn’t earned (i.e. Pete buying her a restaurant). Eventually gained a prestigious head chef position based entirely on her own merit.
10: Walked away from the man she thought was the love of her life, because she wanted children and he’d only have them to make her happy. Even though that option would have been 100 times less painful for Monica, she knew that wasn’t fair on him and refused.
11: After marrying the actual love of her life, she waited until Chandler was ready to have kids, because she knew about his fears of raising children. When they discovered virtually the only option for children was sperm donor-ship (so they’d be her kids but not his), she refused and insisted on adoption.
12: Was also the one-woman cheerleading team for the aforementioned love of her life, in telling him he could be the amazing boyfriend, husband and father that he never saw in himself. Was proved 100% right.
13: Resisted her control-freak coping mechanisms to give Chandler the power of making the big decisions about their future, (saying ‘I Love you’, moving in together, marriage), so he could work through his commitment phobia. Again, proved it was 100% worth it.
14: Encouraged her husband to quit a job he hated, then supported him – financially and emotionally –through his subsequent unemployment and helped him find his dream career.
15: Never, ever fucking gives up on anything or anyone.
16. When her brother’s wife came out as a lesbian and therefore divorced him, she never ONCE questioned it and most of all neither did she ever resent her for it. Not only did she stay on good terms with her, but also with her girlfriend, so much so that she participated in their marriage and was genuinely happy for them and even told her brother to be happy for them.
17. When her fiance told her he was ashamed of how his father cross dressed and that he was gay, she made him realise that there was nothing wrong with any of it and made him make up with his dad and invite him to his wedding.
"Hook is dismayed to discover that Emma seems to be avoiding him while she tries to help comfort Regina"
HAhaAJhahahahahahahahHAHA HAHA HA!
No words could have ever put a bigger smile on my face. THIS IS LITERALLY LIKE 50% OF ALL SWAN QUEEN FANFICS.
Where is this from??
THE PRESS RELEASE (x)
I AM SCREAMING
none pizza with left beef
It should be a rule of Tumblr to always reblog none pizza with left beef
ive missed you
#THIS IS MY FAVORITE FUCKING THING JUST THE BEEF#YOU COULD TELL THE POOR CHEF WAS JUST FUCKING#DISGUSTED#WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS#WHAT THE F U C K IS THIS#WHO THE FUCK ORDERS A#A /NONE/ PIZZA?? JUST BEEF ON THE LEFT???#FUCK IT#F U CK IT#JUST COOK THE FUCKING DOUGH#HERE LET ME THROW THIS FUCKING HANDFUL OF OBLONG BEEF CHUNKS AT YOUR NONE FUCKING PIZZA#FUCK YOU#FUCK YOU AND ALL YOU STAND FOR#LEFT FUCKING BEEF (via askscientistcarlos)
I love None Pizza with Left Beef.
3th time i’ve reblogged this
i laughed at 3th more than anything else, mainly cause i wouldnt have noticed it if they didnt point it out